Monday, July 28, 2008

An El Premio Arte y Pico Award


I really feel lucky and special to receive the El Premio Arte y Pico Award from Teresa at Mexican-American Border Cooking. If you don't know Teresa and her terrific site, I encourage you to go visit as she has incredible recipes and pictures on her blog. In Hawaii it is difficult to find really good, authentic Mexican food so I like to check out Teresa's site to quell my cravings. I am so touched that Teresa recognized my Blog with this award. The fact that people even read it is amazing to me and getting an award like this is like icing on a delicious cake.
It is now my responsibility to pass this award on to 5 more bloggers who I feel deserve it for their creativity and design. (There is so much love out here in Food Blog Land--I can't believe it!) This is difficult for me because there are so many great blogs out there but here are 5 Blogs I truly enjoy and that inspire me. I leave it in their capable hands to pass on the award to 5 Blogs of their choosing.

The first award goes to Michelle at The Accidental Scientist. Michelle has been blogging for a while now and moved to Hawaii a few months ago. It has been fun getting to know her. Her incredible pictures, recipes and posts about life in Hawaii re-inspire me about this great place we get to call home.

Next we have Andrea at Nummy Kitchen. I am just starting to get acquainted with this wonderful site. I am not a vegetarian, although I often feel like I should be, but Andrea's recipes make me ready to convert. She made her Smoked Salmon Spread for Barefoot Bloggers hot and made it with corn and cheese instead of salmon--how cool is that?
-----
Heather from Randomosity and The Girl. I have gotten to know this site through the Barefoot Bloggers as well. Love the name, the recipes and the great pictures, including lots of step by step ones, which I usually lack the patience to take. Plus there is Charlie, her cute shih-tzu, taste-tester and an adorable ham for the camera.

Another find from Barefoot Bloggers is Kim from My Plate, My World. With a site full of great writing, wonderful recipes and beautiful photos, I get hungry whenever I visit. Plus I love her Barefoot Bloggers "badge", with her artfully designed toes!

And finally last but certainly not least, my hero, Stephanie from Dispensing Happiness. I am sure Stephanie has more awards than she has room for on her blog, but since reading her site and seeing all the fun things that were going on in the Blogosphere is what motivated me to finally start my own Blog, I would be remiss in not presenting her with this award. Blog Party, Blogging By Mail, and everything else she does, she is incredible and her site is one I visit and get inspired by frequently.
If you have not read some of these blogs, definitely go visit them and see what I am talking about. Don't forget to congratulate them--they deserve it!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on another award. You're starting to rack them up! I love the sound of that Mexican food blog so I'm going over to take a look. I remember we used to go to Rosie's Cantina on the north shore for Mexican food when I was a student in Hawaii. Have you been there? Is it still there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for the award! You are too sweet! Charlie thanks you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you!! That's very sweet.

    I started blogging almost six years ago, and food blogging close to four. That's a lot of 'you can eat it as soon as I get a good picture'!

    Sometimes, there are moments when I wonder what the heck it is I'm doing.

    But things like this...well, it can really make my day. I do appreciate this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, shucks. I'm speechless! Thanks for choosing me for this award - you're so sweet, and I'm honored! It really is an amazing community, isn't it? It becomes a very real and important part of your life, as do all the people in it!

    On another note, where do you go for Mexican food on Oahu? I keep hearing about Mexican Lindo, but have yet to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Prudy!--I think it is still there. I have only eaten at Cholo's in Haleiwa so I'll have to try it out!

    Heather--you and Charlie are welcome! It is much deserved!

    Stephanie-I am glad you are still hanging in and doing it!

    Michelle--You are welcome! It is a great community! I have heard some good things about Mexico Lindo's but have not tried it. In Kailua I have just been to Cisco's--which I think people go more for the drinks than the food. My favorite so far is a little place called Los Chaparro's on Beretania St. I have not been in awhile but I found their food which is sort of Tex-Mex to be really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your award and thank you so so much for passing it on to me! I feel so honored, I'm just getting started with my little food blog and this is my very first award :)

    I'm so glad that you are getting a couple of vegetarian ideas from my blog, makes me want to post more! I'm constantly converting recipes to be veg friendly and it's nice to know that you noticed that.

    This is an amazing 'community' and I feel so lucky to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea--I love the way you have converted the recipes--they all look so good. I look forward to reading more!

    Kat--Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the award, sorry it's taken so long to write back. I am on vacay this week and will pass it along when I am back.
    It is nice to be recognized by fellow bloggers!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for visiting and for leaving a comment. I love reading them and they mean a lot!

All advertising, spam, inappropriate (or just plain rude) comments will be promptly deleted. I do appreciate your right to free speech and to your opinion but I'm not into mean, rude, or mean snarky (non-mean snarky is just fine!) ;-)